Lavoisier: The leading science and technology publisher in France
Over 10 000 titles in print
- 4 renowned publishing imprints: Tec & Doc, Hermes Science Publications, EM Inter, Synthèse Agricole,
- 34 high-level scientific journals,
- 300 new books published every year,
- over 30 active series,
- our readership includes professionals, engineers, researchers, lecturers and students,
- 5000 authors who are specialists from universities, and technical and research establishments, as well as the private sector.
A worldwide dimension
Over 20% of our turnover goes to export markets.
We maintain a presence at many professional events worldwide. Every year, at the Frankfurt.
International Bookfair, translation rights are offered for sale from our stand in the science and technology publishers' hall, giving our titles international exposure.
Over a million mailing pieces are sent out every year.
With our logistical support and technical infrastructure, coupled with the customer database of the Lavoisier professional bookshop, our promotional mailshots, which include:
- subject catalogues listing related titles of interest to the same readership in areas ranging from microbiology, nuclear safety, water treatment, telecoms, civil engineering, etc...
- single mailing pieces for every new title and series are sent to well targeted, book-buying audiences.
Over 5000 booksellers (including 2000 abroad) are kept up-to-date each month with our new titles and new editions.
Depending on the type of publication, a press release is sent to relevant journalists, generating some 7000 articles and citations per year.
We have 4 sites dedicated to our 4 publishing imprints:
A portal for our online scientific journals:
This site currently features our 34 published journals.
For each journal with its own website, you can:
- browse the detailed description (title, jacket, editorial board, scientific committee, list and contents of published issues, call for papers, author instructions, and subscription rates),
- search, using titles, authors, abstracts, or keywords, for a list of relevant articles from published and archived issues, which will be displayed in chronological order,
- have free access to the full text of each article if you are an existing subscriber,
- subscribe online.